If you think cauliflower isn’t for you, then you haven’t tried this recipe! These Honey Garlic Cauliflower Poppers with our Garlic Lemon Pepper are out of this world. The perfect blend of crispy with a drool-worthy sauce, these poppers redefine cauliflower. What’s better than eating your veggies AND enjoying it too?
Ingredients You'll Need
These baked cauliflower poppers are dredged in flour with our seasoning, then egg, and finally breadcrumb. The result is perfectly POPPED cauliflower bites. Add the sauce, and these couldn’t taste any better.
- Cauliflower: Whether it’s white, yellow, or purple, you can’t go wrong with cauliflower! You just need one heat of cauliflower, then you’ll break the florets into bite size pieces.
- Garlic Lemon Pepper: This seasoning brings a blast of flavor to the cauliflower! Mixed together with flour, this is the perfect blend to coat the cauliflower in before we bake it.
- All Purpose Flour: All you need is one cup of your favorite all-purpose flour.
- Eggs: Mix three large eggs with two teaspoons of water before dredging the flour coated florets. This egg wash will help keep our poppers from drying out.
- Breadcrumbs: The final dredge before the cauliflower goes in the oven!
- Olive Oil: Before we can make our sauce, we first need to cook the garlic down with a splash of olive oil.
- Garlic: Just two minute in olive oil on medium heat will have this garlic ready to go!
- Lime Juice: A little acidity will help bring out the flavors of the sauce.
- Garlic Chili Paste: While you can use sriracha, this garlic chili paste is so much more flavorful and the perfect consistency to serve as the base of our sauce.
- Honey: This natural sweetener will help balance the heat from the above ingredient.
- Soy Sauce: The salty flavors of soy sauce pair perfectly with honey and make a delectable sauce that’s balanced.
- Cornstarch: This thickening agent will help bind our sauce so that it sticks to the cauliflower.
- Scallions: The perfect topping! Some sliced scallions not only add a beautiful touch of green but also taste delicious
- Sesame Seeds: Finish the dish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
A Few Tips Before We Dive In...
- As much as possible, try to break the florets into even pieces to prevent some pieces from cooking faster (and burning).
- Add a dash of the garlic lemon pepper seasoning to the breadcrumbs to give them a pop of flavor.
- Allow the cauliflower poppers and sauce to cool before combining the two.
Words can’t begin to describe how addicting these cauliflower poppers are. While the recipe may look intimidating because the ingredient list is a little long, it’s really so easy! Just take it one step at a time. Because these poppers are so worth it!
Honey Garlic Cauliflower Poppers with Garlic Lemon Pepper
appetizer/ side dish
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup of all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons of garlic lemon pepper
2 cups of breadcrumbs
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons of water
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced and smashed
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon of garlic chili paste
⅓ cup of honey
⅓ cup of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
¼ cup scallions, sliced
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Wash the cauliflower and break the head into small pieces
Combine the flour with 1 tablespoon of garlic lemon pepper
Coat the cauliflower in the flour mixture
Then, dredge the florets in the egg wash
Finally, combine the breadcrumbs and one tablespoon of the garlic lemon pepper
Dredge the florets in the breadcrumbs, then place on the prepared baking sheet
Bake the cauliflower for 25 minutes, then boil on high for 2 minutes
To make the sauce, add the tablespoon to a medium-sized saucepan
Heat over medium, then add the garlic and cook down for two minutes
Add the lime juice and garlic chili paste
Whisk in the honey and soy sauce
Reduce the heat to medium-low, then whisk in the cornstarch
Allow the sauce to cool for 10 minutes, then strain to remove the garlic
Once the cauliflower has cooked and cooled for 10 minutes, place in a large bowl
Pour the sauce over the cauliflower poppers and use a spatula to evenly distribute the sauce
Pour into a bowl, then season with scallions and sesame seeds