What if we said you could make a restaurant-worthy rack of lamb from the comfort of your own home with only three ingredients? Well, you best believe it because this recipe delivers on that promise!
Rack of lamb is often thought of as difficult or intimidating, maybe because of its price or the fact that it’s often not the go-to meat most people cook at home. We’ll tell you a secret though… There's no need to be hesitant when it comes to cooking lamb. If you can cook a 15 pound whole turkey for Thanksgiving, this will be a walk in the park!
Ingredients You'll Need
Three ingredients is all you need to make mouth-watering lamb.
- Rack of Lamb: The obvious ingredient and star of the dish is, of course, the rack of lamb. Look for a 1.5-2 pound rack in your local grocery store or ask your butcher.
- La Selva Seasoning Salt: No need to pull all the spices out of their drawer- this seasoning salt does it all! It’s the perfect blend for this fatty, yet thin meat. The seasoning salt provides a mix of rich, smoky flavors that will leave the lamb tender and delicious.
- Olive Oil: The last ingredient is a pantry staple! Just rub a little olive oil on before seasoning the rack of lamb and you’re good to go.
A Few Tips Before We Dive In...
- No need to marinate this rack of lamb. Just allow the meat to come to room temperature first. Then, pat dry with a paper towel before seasoning. The end result will be moist, delicate lamb that everyone is drooling over!
- Sear the lamb before roasting it in the oven. Searing the meat before putting it in the oven locks in the moisture and yields juicy, tender lamb. Just place one side of the rack of lamb on a hot, greased skillet for 15-30 seconds, or until brown. Then, flip to the other side. Once seared, immediately transfer to the oven.
- Most rack lambs have a fair amount of fat on the top. While you can trim off a little fat, resist the urge to remove it all. The fat is going to help the meat stay moist and flavorful.
Who would’ve thought that rack of lamb would be so easy to cook? In less than 30 minutes, you can have delicious lamb that will have the whole family begging for seconds. And all it takes is three ingredients! It just goes to show that even the most “intimidating” dishes can be enjoyed at home.
Serve this rack of a lamb with a side of baby potatoes or a light salad for the perfect dinner!
Roasted Rack of Lamb
1.5-2 pound rack of lamb
1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of seasoning salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a small baking sheet with foil
Allow the meat to reach room temperature, then season with oil
Dust the seasoning salt all over the lamb, rubbing in if necessary to make sure everything is covered
Grease a medium-sized skillet with olive oil and turn the heat to medium-high
Gently sear each side of the rack of lamb
Once seared, place the lamb on the prepared baking sheet
Roast for 20 minutes
Allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes before slicing
Leave a comment